We firmly believe that blogging is something that every individual person, business, organization, and pet should be doing… Ok, maybe not pet.. But if you fall in in one of the other three categories and are not consistently blogging, you are falling short marketing yourself. If you have not already started a blog we highly recommend that you do so immediately. (Yes, as soon as you finish this article!)
The fact is, most people and business professionals have this deep down assumption that starting a blog is going to be challenging when in reality that could not be more false. In fact, you can have one up and running in just a couple of minutes! We produced a simple video that walks you step-by-step through the easy process of starting a blog, our article , “HowtoStartBlogging” will help you started online in a matter of minutes!
Why You Need to Be Blogging:
Let’s face it… The world is changing… And as the old saying goes… Adapt or Die! It does not matter who you are, what field of business you are in, or how successful you have been in the past.. If you are not adapting to the times you are going to fall short. Now that blogging has grown popular you no longer need to spend thousands of dollars on fancy web design, most customers are content reading a simple/regularly updated blog. It is all about marketing… Any everyone and everything needs marketing! If you are an individual, you need to use a blog to positively market your life… You may not believe me, but I guarantee you that no matter who you are or where you are from, at one point or another SOMEONE has Google’ed you! A blog is an easy way to control your image and allow others to participate in your life. For example, my personal blog JonathanBurdon.com normally receives over 10 visits per day (and climbing). I never would have dreamt that anyone would be looking me up, much less 10+ individuals per day! This proves why it is important to control your image and share your personal thoughts on something as simple as a blog.
Now businesses & organizations are a completely different story! It is a 100% must that these groups have a blog. This is a way to communicate directly with the people who pay your bills… Your customers! Businesses can share ideas, get input, talk about new products, spread promotions, and interact with their customers. When I am looking for a business to hire, no matter what for: HVAC, legal, pluming realtor, whatever… I am going to go online, research all the options in the area and most likely will choose the one that had the best online relationship with customers.. It is a sad truth but this is what most people do.. Times are changing… If you do not adapt your business will fail… This would be a shame considering how easy it is to start a blog, and how cheap it is to get started!
Side note: If you the type of person who has a hard time accepting change or adapting, do yourself a huge favor and read the book, “Who Moved My Cheese” … Doing so will change your life and/or save your business! (It is an easy read).
Let’s Get to the Interesting Facts:
BestWebHostingGeeks.com sent our researchers out to grab some interesting facts about blogs and blogging and they came up with some cool stuff and a pretty amazing infographic... If you are tired of reading this article, it is now ok to skip on to the image below and read the summary! Otherwise, if you are as intrigued as I hope you are… I will outline some of the findings.
- Fact #1: There are over 152,000,000 blogs on the Internet. (That is a very big number)
- Fact #2: The number of blogs be created is increasing drastically due to the importance of doing so.. In fact, a blog is being created somewhere in the world every 1/2 of a second! That turns out to be over 63 new million blogs created each year. If one of these isn’t own by you, someone else is snatching business from you.
- Fact #3: People read blogs more than once a day… This is not the case with every website. In my opinion, this is why having a blog is a great starting point and should be top priority! The idea is to keep customers coming back regularly.
- Fact #4: As you can see from the graphic, blogs play a HUGE role in purchase decisions. This includes discovering products, reviewing products, comparing products, etc.
- Fact #5: Businesses that blog at least 20 times in a given month generate 5 times as much traffic than those who blog fewer than 4 times a month. It is not only important to blog but to really excel a business or individual should blog regularly! I always recommend 1 per day at a minimum when I am consulting.
- Fact #6: Businesses/Companies/Organizations that have 51 quality blog articles experience a 77% lift in median monthly sales… This fact alone should be very eye opening!
- Fact #7: Morning is the time when most blog “reading” takes place. This means what you write can influence people’s decisions and thoughts for the entire day!
- Fact #8: This is a major fact… People openly and public share blog articles that they find interesting or informative. When people share your posts you get added exposure, which can result in many positive outcomes!
Check out this awesome infographic put together by our team of researchers:
By now you should see the importance of having a blog no matter if you are an individual, business, or organization. Don’t be discouraged thinking it is too hard to get started because it is actually VERY EASY! No matter how young/old or technologically advanced you are, you can have your own blog up and running in a matter of minutes… If you need help getting started, simply read our step-by-step guide (with video) on how to start a blog!
Embed This Image On Your Site (copy code below):